Submitting DocumentsUse the information below to determine the best way to submit all of your required application documents.
- The University of Maryland is a proud member of The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success.
- All applications for undergraduate admission must be completed online.
- August 1, 2017 was the last date available to submit an application using our secure Application Portal.
- Maryland does not use a paper application.
Standardized Test Scores
- Official standardized test scores—including the SAT, ACT, TOEFL, and IELTS—should be sent directly by the test administrator to us at the address below.
- Please ensure that test scores are sent to the "University of Maryland, College Park."
- Maryland’s SAT code is 5814.
- Maryland’s ACT code is 1746.
- Students are encouraged to list Maryland as a recipient of their scores when they take the exams so we will receive them as quickly as possible.
- We cannot guarantee that scores received after the application deadline will be included in the applicant’s file for review.
- Official copies of high school transcripts should be sent directly by your institution to us at the address below or via The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success. They can also be submitted electronically by your institution through Naviance.
- Official copies of college transcripts should be sent directly by your institution to us at the address below or via The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success. They can also be submitted electronically by your institution through Naviance, Parchment, or eSCRIP-SAFE.
- Transcripts cannot be emailed, scanned, or faxed to our office.
- For International applicants, transcripts must be sent in the native language with a certified English translation.
Letters of Recommendation
- Recommendations must be sent to us directly from the recommender.
- Recommendations should be sent directly by your recommender to us at the address below or via The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success. They can also be submitted electronically by your recommender through Naviance.
- If you designate who will be completing your recommendations on the online application, your recommender will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your recommendation electronically through the application portal.
Proof of English Proficiency
- If English is not your native language—regardless of your citizenship—you must have an official report of your scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the address below by the appropriate application deadline.
- Remember to review our complete list of requirements for English proficiency.
If you are mailing any application materials, please send them to:
University of Maryland
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
7999 Regents Dr.
College Park, MD 20742-5235, USA